Things aren't always as they appear..

Open your mind and your eyes..







Friday, December 31, 2010

As the year wraps up

In the grand scheme of life, I know that many things are not sure. I know and recognize the fact that I am not perfect. While I strive in my life to be good, honest, and have the courage to challenge myself, I am forever and constantly learning.


  • I love to learn, I always have. 
  • I have learned that I am actually a very strong person beneath the tender heart. 
  • I can stand on my own when it comes to being taken advantage of, and stand strong with those that have been wronged. 
  • I have the desire to make the world a better place, even for my enemies. 
  • I am kind, reliable and trustworthy.
  • I see the individualism of each person I encounter; recognizing their strengths as friends and individuals.


Life is a beautiful gift. It's often hard with hurdles to overcome. Nothing worth having is easily come by. All challenges define who you are by how you handle them.  It's never sunshine and butterflies all the time, I don't care who you are, you have to  be realistic. Having a positive outlook on life is great and should be the norm, but everyone is going to have a bad day now and then.  You are going to lose someone, get turned down for a promotion, struggle with money, there are always going to be wrenches thrown into the machine work. Deal with them the best you can and move on.

Live life for today, not yesterday, not tomorrow, live in this moment. Often, the very best times of my life are when times are tough, there's a struggle, and yet, it never feels quite as devastating down the road as it did in it's toughest moment.

What I am trying to say is, enjoy your life, enjoy the kisses, the hugs, the good food, the lessons learned, time with your family, friends and pets. Drive safely to see them all again, take a walk now and again to help your health, write a kind word for a friend in darkness, make a family tradition, take a photo, read the book you always wanted to, volunteer your time.... Don't let another moment pass you by where you regret the journey to your 'here and now'.

Happy New Year my friends and family, wishing you a wonderful and prosperous 2011.



heart_wallpaper_14.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment